Is there a TINY heater for a 1 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was wondering if there was a heater for a 1 gallon tank. I have never seen one before but thought I'd ask. My betta has no heater but he is doing great.

I don't know, but I also don't keep a heated tank for my bettas. The room temp is between 75-80 here and with such a small tank (2.5gal) it stays at room temp normally.

I am pretty sure you cannot get a heater for a 1 gallon, however, you can buy a heater for the 2.5 gallon at walmart for like 7 bucks. I would advise in getting a 2.5 gallon tank and getting a heater because if you have any problems, which you eventually probably will as the colder temps cause stress to the betta, you wont be able to raise the temp. I have been trying to treat a betta with ich in a 1 gallon and it is almost impossible. Just my .02

my other bettas have been fine in a 1 gallon but I really do want to upgrade. Hopefully I will get to this summer!

Hydor and I think ZooMed make mini-heaters of 7.5 watts. The Hydor is available on www.bigalsonline.com. The ZooMed (or it could be Penn Plax) also sells one that I've seen at Petsmart.
That would be perfect for your 1 gallon tank.
I agree with the others about getting a heater. Its not about warmth, but about a stable temperature. It will flucuate because of the light schedule.

HTH.

Here is a small heater - the Hydor mini heater, which is 7.5 watts. I have used it in a bowl with a betta, but only for a week or so. Follow the instructions and don't leave the bowl with the heater under a light or the water will get very warm, up to 90 degrees. You can't set this heater - the directions just say that it warms the water a few degrees above room temperature. I found that it did keep my bowl warm enough for a betta, although I didn't keep him in there for very long.

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/prod1208.htm

oh ok. I have mine in the kitchen which has no windows. It stays about 78 degrees in the room at all times so the betta's water is probably about the same?

THANKS

Why am I still such a noob after keeping fish for almot 2 years!!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom