Is there any substance i can soak or wash my Decor with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Franco7

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if there was any thing special i can use to soak or wash my decor with that will make it come clean and unslimie. I know there is alot of stuff you can rinse off stuff with and put in the tank, but i was wondering if you guys know of anything that i can use or any ideas of how to get it clean. Thanks guys

When cleaning my decorations, I just get a bucket of clear warm water and scrub a bit with my fingers. What kind of things are you wanting to clean? If its any kind of painted thing you want to be careful to not scrub off any paint. You could probably use a soft (new) tooth brush to scrub some of the harder stuff. If there are bad stains on your decs, you can put in a tiny bit of bleach and let them soak a while. But make sure you rinse VERY well.

Ya i have that huge to peice castle, the thing looks sick in my tank, but sometimes its hard to get everything off cause theres so much detail. Maybe i can try the warm water and bleech with a tooth brush for the little areas. After i add bleech do i have to let it soak in warm water for awhile cause im sure i don't want bleech in my tank so how do i get it off or made sure there isn't any on there?

You can let it soak a while, and then scrub the guck off. Then rinse a bunch of times in clear water. For added precaution, you can add some of the dechlor you use in your water changes to a bucket of water and dip the castle in that and hopefully that will take care of any left over bleach.

I filled up a big bowl of water, put in the castle (I have a sand colored resin castle), dumped in the bleach, and let it soak for a couple hours. I never measures how much I put in. But afterwards I boiled the castle for about an hour, then soaked it overnight in 4x dechlorinated water then put it back in the tank. It was spotless and didn't have any bleach on it.

Do you have the castle that is in my gallery?

That's kind of simliar to our big one, in regards to the paint and detail (not the resin sand colored one). I used a soft toothbrush and bleach/water soaked it.

Back
Top Bottom