Is there any way to take scratches off of aquarium glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a used 20 gallon long tank off my friend last year and I did not care too much about the scratches back than but there starting to bother me now. I've become very picky about how my tanks look now so it's like an eye sore when look at the tank. I'm probably being really picky about this but I would like to know if there is an easy way to fix this.

the short answer is no, but if they are super fine then yes. but really its never worth it because you tend to do more harm than good.

I heard from someone that tooth paste fills in the scratches because of the grit. I'm hesitant on using it because it can't be safe for the fish but I would like someone's opinion. I'm probably going to end up buying a new tank when they go on sale.

I've tried tooth paste and jewellers rouge for polishing out small scratches. Neither worked. Most times you won't he able to see the fine scratches once the tank is filled so I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom