is this 15g set-up okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frenchpea2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was thinking of getting angelfish, and I was thinking of getting 2 quarter sized ones (the smallest my lfs has) and then a small school (6) of small (.75-1 inch) gold zebra danios.

It's a 15g cycled hex:
temp 78
amm: 0
nitrIte: 0
nitrAte: 10
ph: 7.8

currently is has a few guppies and some fry in it that will go into my 10g.

If I were you, I would not get the angelfish, because they should be in a 30 gal at least. What are the dimensions of the tank. I also suggest that you don't get 6 zebra danios because the would not have much room to move sindce they stay near the surface. Keep in mind that you would not be able to put many fish in your tank because there isn't much surface area.

HTH

Hex tanks are fun to look at, but hard to stock. I have a ten gal hex and have tried various fish in there. Currently, it is home to a crayfish.
Aside from the angels getting too big for that tank too quickly, they can be aggressive. A hex tank does not allow a lot of room for two angel fish to get away from each other. I would also not keep fish that like swimming room.

how fast will the angel's grow? My mom wants to get a 46g bowfront, and I'd absolutely love that, even though she'd put angels in it (I'm not particularly fond of them) as the main fish. So if I were to start the pair in the 15, how soon would I need to convince my mom to get the biger tank?

also, what would be good to stock in it? the dimensions are 6 sides that are 8 inches each, which is 14in from flat side to flat side, and 24 inches high, which according to a hex gallon calc, is actually 17.28g, so I figure about 15g with the substrate...

ok, so the angels are out, I'll have to think of another way to get my mom to get the 46 bowfront... *sigh* I'll have to look through the killis...I don't know much about them.

I just looked some up, and they are very colorful...I'll have to see if any of the lfs have any that will fit my small budget. Any other (cheaper) suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom