Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkymom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There's a guy that wants me to buy his tank from him for $500.00

Here's what I'd be getting:

110 gal tank
all the filters, heater, light fixture
wooden stand with glass shelves
large Oscar and Jack Dempseys
large Plecos. Possibly other fish not sure.

So what do you think? Should I go for it?

It sounds like a good deal to me...

What type of filtration is it? And how long has he had the light bulbs in use? It sounds to me like a good deal. 110 gallons, what are the demesions? And off-subject, are you planning on putting any other fish in?

I'll probably just keep the ones he has in there. Or I might trade them out who knows. I'll be able to find all that out tomorrow.

If everything is in good shape, I would snap that right up! Even if you wanted to get different filters or a different heater or something, the tank, stand, and hood unit ALONE would run quite a few hundred dollars more than that. I spent almost 500 dollars by the time I got my 38 gallon system set up.

Paul

does anyone else think this is a good deal or otherwise? I'll probably go for it but I want some more opinions before I dive in!

Call a LFS and ask them how much a 110 gal tank, hood, stand, filters, and heaters would cost. I think once you hear the quote you'll know your answer... :D

Paul

Well, a 75 gal is $203.99 at PetSmart...and this small petstore quoted me $299.00 for the tank alone not including the light fixture and hood which was another $80.00 and the stand was like $249.99 or something around there and that was just for a 75 gal tank! Jeepers!

Sounds like a great deal, and it sounds like it comes with a great assortment of fish too.

at petsmart an 80 gallon tank and stand and all the filters etc. will cost over $600 not includiing the fish.

Back
Top Bottom