Is this good for breeding guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slow-dagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive recently seen bubbles near the bamboo and sides of the tank and my guppies r always close to each other and I forgot if one of them its a female

image-3380639481.jpg

Guppies are live bearers. They don't lay eggs. Is that what you were wondering??

They develop in the mother's stomach. As they are developing she will get a black spot and her belly and it will get big. It's pretty easy to tell if a guppy is pregnant. She will give birth and vary small guppy fry are born, they are usually kinda hard to see. But if not separated from the other guppies they will most likely be eaten.

I can't see the one on the left but the one on the right doesn't look pregnant so far.

vanimal said:
I can't see the one on the left but the one on the right doesn't look pregnant so far.

Think that one on the right is the male because he has a top white fin and the other one doesn't and the one on the left is smaller

jetajockey said:
Even related fish often have variable color and finnage traits. You sex livebearers by looking at their underside.

K but y do I see bubble nest looking things around the bamboo and sides of tank

It's areas where the bubbles collect because there isn't much flow getting to that area. I have 20 young guppies, lots of males, a few females, a few unsexable, that are from very closely related parents and none look alike

emerald76 said:
It's areas where the bubbles collect because there isn't much flow getting to that area. I have 20 young guppies, lots of males, a few females, a few unsexable, that are from very closely related parents and none look alike

Thanx dude

Back
Top Bottom