is this harmful to my other fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vindogg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can any body tell me if this shrimp is responsible for a possible deaths in my tank please?

ForumRunner_20121025_182807.jpg

It's looks it!!! Wow those claws are huge! Any idea on what type of shrimp it is?

Well in the fish store it was labeled giant shrimp but im sure it has a type of name other than giant shrimp.

Hi to me it looks like the famous mandible lector shrimp feaurured in district 9, these shrimps can survive out of water and can eat tuna

No idea what it is but if it's got a claw like that then I would say, yes, definitely possible it's been eating your fish if it can catch them. They usually strike when the fish are asleep.

Sweet thanks Im just gonna assume it is with the feed back iv got. What would u recommend i do with it?

Thanks think I might put him/her in my other tank on his own dont wanna risk it with my other fish

No Fightingfish that's not the correct answer.
Please do not release it into the wild. There are way to many invasive species out there already and that is exactly how most of them came about.

Back
Top Bottom