is this normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeleyes88_88

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i cleaned my tank today and i was looking at it and a little tiny blackish worm thing was crawling up the glass.. what is it? is it good or bad? what do i do? :(

Most of the time you will see wormlike creatures when there is an excess of debris on the bottom related to overfeeding or inadequate gravel vac/water change schedule. They can be introduced in a variety of ways, but most likely this is completely harmless to your fish.

The treatment is to starve it(them) out by reducing feeding, increasing water changes and gravel vacs, and paying close attention to how much food gets consumed at feeding time, so there is little to nothing left over to sink to the bottom.

I think most aquarists at some point or another, me most definitely included, have had worms/nematodes at some time or another. Another notch on your belt, LOL!

i looked them up and my worm is all black not brown.. so im going to take it to my fish guy and have him check it out to make sure it isnt something worse :( worms suck

Back
Top Bottom