is this normal for a pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a male bristlenose and I decided to put the baby plecos in a breeder trap. I know he will look after them but it's alot easier for me to keep them in one place. I have a heavily planted tank and it's nearly impossible to catch nearly 100 baby plecos.

Well I don't like using nets to catch my plecos so I picked him out of the breeder trap with my hand. Now when I put my hand back in the tank I was expecting him to shoot straight off my hand. But he wouldn't budge. he just started sucking on my fingers and even when I stroked him he wouldn't move.

He was probably on my hand for 30 minutes before I started getting tired and I had do gently nudge him off my hand. None of my other fish have ever done this

I have a male bristlenose and I decided to put the baby plecos in a breeder trap. I know he will look after them but it's alot easier for me to keep them in one place. I have a heavily planted tank and it's nearly impossible to catch nearly 100 baby plecos.

Well I don't like using nets to catch my plecos so I picked him out of the breeder trap with my hand. Now when I put my hand back in the tank I was expecting him to shoot straight off my hand. But he wouldn't budge. he just started sucking on my fingers and even when I stroked him he wouldn't move.

He was probably on my hand for 30 minutes before I started getting tired and I had do gently nudge him off my hand. None of my other fish have ever done this
He loves his daddy. :D

Back
Top Bottom