Is this overstocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm getting a 55 gallon. I think the filter is an Emperor 400. If it's not, I'm going to get an additional filter. I'll b doing weekly water change. This is my stocking plan:

5 danios
1 male sword tail,*3 females
8 cories
2 angels
2 gouramis (male and female, or female and female)
Is this over stocking? Thnx.

Danios can be nippy, so watch them around the Angels fins. I think that is understocked, so if you had another school in mind, you could add it (8-10). :)

Understocked. You can add neons or blue flames. I had experience with them and they are great! (If I gave you false information, don't blame me beacuse I'm a newbie!)

what kind of danios?

Zebra or pearl
Here's my kinda new list. Just small changes.

5 zebra or pearl danios
1 male sword tail,*3 females (red)
8 cories (possibly elegant)
2 angels
2 honey or pearl gouramis (male, female or female, female)
8 rummynose tetras

Instead of the cories Ill get a bristlenose pleco or some other smaller species if I can't find a bristlenose. I heard cories do better on sand but I'll b using gravel. Would all these fish look good on a black gravel substrate? Thnx 4 evry1s help.

Instead of the cories Ill get a bristlenose pleco or some other smaller species if I can't find a bristlenose. I heard cories do better on sand but I'll b using gravel. Would all these fish look good on a black gravel substrate? Thnx 4 evry1s help.
As long as it is a smooth gravel the cories would be fine, it's the jagged sharp stuff that can cause them issues.

I had my cories in fairly rough gravel before switching to sand and they were fine, they seem to like the sand better just because it's easier to sift through.

So u think I should stay with the cories? Is everything else okay? Thanx.
I would but then again I love those guys, as far as the rest of the stock I don't think it would be an issue to add a bristlenose if you can find one and the rest of the list looks good.

I'll add some pictures once I get it and set it up. It might be a while though because I'll b almost out of my budget $ after I buy this tank and will probably have to wait a while til I save up some more.
I definitely know what that's like, I look forward to seeing the tank when you get it up and running.

Back
Top Bottom