Is this overstocking ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 22 gallon tank with the following...

1x blue gourami

3x corydiras (swhartz)

7x cardinal tetra

What i want to do is get 3 more cardinals and 2 more corydoras

Tell me your opinion :)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

That'd be fine, although I agree with others in your other thread that a honey or dwarf gourami would be more appropriate for that size tank.

Il keep that in mind thanks :),

I think you'll be fine adding those fish. The gourami will eventually get pretty big and might try to steal sinking wafers from the corys, but I don't think you'll be too overstocked :)

thats good :) , when i put it in aqadvisor it said 110 %, which is fine by me

thats good :) , when i put it in aqadvisor it said 110 %, which is fine by me

So you real ease that with overstocking your tank you will have to do water changes very very very frequently. Test everyday. Have AT LEAST double filtration that you would already need. Plus the fish won't be as happy so they might not show as much color.

In my opinion AqAdvisor tends to be more on the conservative side. When stocking you can almost aim for a little over 100%. Just do slightly larger PWC's once a week. I usually do between 25% and 50% PWC's every week. Might want to see what others say about that though.

I do 35-40 % water changes and i really need a better filter for my tank truth be told, do any of you know of swordfish 200 is a good filter ? Please google it :)

Back
Top Bottom