Is this platy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so there's this platy I have it's so fat it looks like its going to explode and she is female. She literally looks like she turned into a balloon Molly look

image-607244894.jpg

I'll have better pics up too

Her belly looks like there's a shiny greyish pocket in it too I think it means she's pregnant right

I have a 1 gallon breeder tank when do you think it's a good idea to put her in there to give birth?

Well, I don't know that much about breeding, but I have never seen a Platy get that big when pregnant. Are you sure it isn't bloated? Feed it peas to relieve bloating.

None of my 5 females ever looked like that when pregnant. It could be bloat, or dropsy. But that would be if her scales stick out like a pinecone. She may be pregnant. Move her to the 1g if it's cycled in the next couple of days.

Sorry everyone I didn't respond faster. She is now sluggish and she's hovering around the bottom and around the filter. Actually both females are and I'm a little worried. Here's some photo

image-1788396443.jpg

The one on the right is the male one (fine and healthy) the one on the left is her

image-2040814558.jpg

She's the fattest one in the middle lol

I hope they will be ok I've grown really attached

Also I have ghost shrimp in the 1 gallon. Will they bother her? One more thing. My 10 gallon has a lot more plant cover so would it be safer to leave her in there to give birth then scoop her babies out and move them to the 1 gallon right after she gives birth?

Back
Top Bottom