Is upgrading worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thinking of upgrading from a 10 gallon to a 20 gallon. I don't have much room, but want more variety and choices of fish. What fish would a 20 gallon give that a 10 gallon can't hold?? Thanks for suggestions guys!

Thinking of upgrading from a 10 gallon to a 20 gallon. I don't have much room, but want more variety and choices of fish. What fish would a 20 gallon give that a 10 gallon can't hold?? Thanks for suggestions guys!

If your gonna upgrade get a 20g long it gives your fish more room to have territories and if i were you i would go with a 29 it gives you more of a variety of fish like angels and other semi tall fish. And theres not a big $ difference between a 20 and 29

Well, it depends, a 20 gallon long has far more options than a 20 high like... Things you can keep in a 20 long but not in a 20 high:
Rams
Kuhli loaches
Cory cats (besides Pygmy)
And lots more
Things in a 20 gallon but not in a 10 gallon
Rams(long)
Kuhli loaches (long)
Cory's(long) (except for pygmys)
Neon tetras
Glow light tetras
Zebra danios
Balloon mollies
Mollies
Platys
Swordtails
barbs(long)
So see there are a lot of fish, if I put(long) that means in a 20 long
It is worth the upgrade, I would get a 29 gallon, it's as tall as a 20 high, and as long as a 20 long, more options, not too big, fits nicely in a desk
A 29 gallon is 30in length, 12" width, and 18 inches tall, I would get a 29 gallon

I was thinking the same thing. A 20g opens up a few new species while a 29g opens up a whole lot. It's also only a 6" difference in length.

In either case I would consider it worth it to upgrade.

If your gonna upgrade get a 20g long it gives your fish more room to have territories and if i were you i would go with a 29 it gives you more of a variety of fish like angels and other semi tall fish. And theres not a big $ difference between a 20 and 29

Hah you beat me to it man :p

Back
Top Bottom