Its a baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish 'n' fries

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm doing a massive rescape of the tank...getting rid of a bunch of plants with algae etc. Finally refill the tank and I see this little bit of movement under the wood. First thought is I somehow buried one of the corys...but I look and it's a little tiny peppered cory! Now this is in a community tank with danios and angels...not to mention that the first time I saw the peppered corys spawn I watched the mama eat the only egg the danios missed. So I'm a bit shocked. But he's cute...at least he won't need a new tank! :)

Congratulations! The same thing happened to me with peppered cories last year--found a little guy when I turned over a rock. I guess they are good at hiding until they are big enough to survive.

My little guy is so big now that it's hard to tell him from the others.

My female is much rounder and bigger than the male. Plus I keep seeing them spawning and saw the mama laying her eggs one day (just a bit of a tip off! :))

I've just found another (much smaller) baby today...if they keep this up I'll be trying to figure out what to do with spare corys. I really wasn't planning on breeding anything.

Unfortunately, no pictures, the babies aren't cooperating with coming close enough for the camera to focus...I'll keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom