It's a wonderful day to be me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gypsyqueen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went to the thrift store, and they had a litttle maybe 3 gallon, maybe five, didn't say on it, but it was there, one of those little ones anyhow, and it was five bucks. Came with no filter or anything except the little hood that comes with them. I finally get to try out a natural aquarium. How long should I let the aquarium cycle before putting fish in it? Plants will be ok in there, but I don't want to hurt any fish, and I want to do it right. I know some of you don't do the natural thing, but I think it will be a fun thing. I know I have to heavily plant it and that's not a problem, cuz I love plants, and the only fish I intend on keeping in it are feeder guppies and a couple ghost shrimp. I'm happy!!!

Ok, then I went to another thrift store, and they had a bottle of Obsession for three bucks, the real stuff, and a bottle of Perry Ellis for four! WooHoo!!! I love smellin good! :multi:

The natural aquarium thing seems to be becoming the hot topic around here. I am planning a 125 gallon along the same lines, though power heads will be used for circulation. I think your still going to have to follow the same regular cycling guidelines, test till everything is at 0. If it's only three gallons and you have another tank maybe you could use the water from there to speed up the process.

ok, I was concerned about getting water movement a little, just to keep it from going stagnant. I don't want a big stink in my room, cuz that's where it will be. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom