It's Official! I have MTS. Yay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cginflorida

Aquarium Advice FINatic
10 gal with betta and 4 otos.

Last weekend I got a 75 gal. Yesterday I got another 10 gal to use as a QT (thanks for that suggestion, Devilishturtles. :wink: ). I've also had a 5 gal hex for a while, now empty, which I can use for a hospital tank.

Going to be setting up the 75 gal and new 10 gal this weekend and start the fishless cycles going.

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

:D A 75gallon is such a wonderful size tank. What will you be keeping?

BrianNY said:
:D A 75gallon is such a wonderful size tank. What will you be keeping?

So far I'm thinking about rainbowfish, gouramis, a flying fox, corys, barbs, pleco, rummynose tetras, and an upside down catfish. There are so many choices it's a bit overwhelming right now. Any suggestions would really be welcome.

I also want to get some shrimp for the 10 gal with the betta and otos, and maybe for the big tank. The 10 gal is going through a mini cycle right now because I added 3 otos recently. Ammonia and nitrites have remained zero, but the nitrates climbed to 30. I did a water change yesterday, haven't tested yet today.

Please feel free to recommend more fish, and comment on the ones I've chosen so far.

Thanks! :D

thanks for that suggestion, Devilishturtles.

Hey, No problem :wink:

Congrats on all the tanks. Keep us updated on the fish selection. I know it can be frustrating picking out what you want because of the numerous options available. Then, you start thinking that you want more, so you buy a new tank, just to house the ones you still want. It's a maddening cycle, lol.

I think it's a good thing I still live at home, and have to try and cram all these tanks into my bedroom (per the Parents orders), or I would have more than I have now, haha.

Good luck CG, Keep us posted!

Discus, right? I've seen the pix from the BBQ you had, and your fish are gorgeous, Brian. But they aren't compatible with a lot of fish, right? Are they better off in a species tank?

Well what better species than discus? :wink:

You could have a nice setup in the 75 for them, and Brian can help you get set up. I'll let him advise you about tankmates - it can be done.

LOL, it's a good thing I have to wait through the cycle before I get fish, there's so much to think about and choose from. But I can't think of a nicer state of confusion. :mrgreen:

I just love the discus cg. In my planted 125 I keep them with dwarf cichlids, a school of black neons, dwarf ancistrus (a pleco), and clown loaches. It's an awesome sight.

I do think however, that the beginner should maitain a species only tank until they get very familiar with discus behavoir and requirements.

I agree, Brian, I need a lot more experience before I tackle the more temperamental species. But someday I'll probably have them, they sure are pretty.

ive always wondered what a big tank would be like with all male guppies, if you are a beginner you could have an easy tank with lots of colour

I have been trying to figure a way to fit a 75gal in the livingroom. Seems like the perfect size for almost any fish. good luck
Got ahold of a 10gal sized metal stand. looking for a 15gal tall to put on it.

Back
Top Bottom