I've been a bad girl..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well.. i was fumeing a week ago or so cause i had the chance to get a really nice big tank.. i think it was 150 gallons.. a definite step up from my little ten gallon (( i love it though.. )) well.. my birthday is in a month.. april 3rd.. and i just happened to eaves drop on my moms boyfriend..>.> and the verdict is..300 gallons...... o_O;;; a little much for little ole me.. o.o;

HAHA. A little much?! You don't know how lucky you are! Just THINK of the possibilities! How many schools of fish you could have, OR how many cichlid's you could have. Oh man, I already have 1,000 idea for a tank that size. Saltwater?

saltwater= maybe in ten years..
Heh.. might be a bit too much for me.. i had trouble with the ten gallon.. .. better start planning o.o;

You'd be suprised at how much easier it is with larger tanks. Water chemistry swings are not as large. You can have many large fish. OOOOOOO, just think of how many Cichlid's you could have........ *thinking* oh my oh my.

Actually, I have already planned out our 265 and we haven't even started talking about buying a 265.

I think it will end up killing me o.o

Naw! Believe it or not, 300 gallons would be easier to take care of than your 10 gallon. Much more fish ideas for it, and less of a flucuation in water parameters. Dude, I'm still jealous. Have you started thinking about fish yet? Hehe.

300gallons! I am Jealous!!! Best of luck with the tank.

I recoommend stockign the tank witht Lake Malwwi Mbuna cichlids but it is just an opinion.

JMHO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

300 gallons... that is astounding... im just hoping I can get anohter 55gal for my birthday..

best of luck with your tank :)

Wow... that's awesome!!!

Do you know how much that's going to weigh with water in it? Just making sure, cause a LOT of houses are not made to be able to support that type of weight without reinforcing from below. I'm trying to get a 90 or 125 and will only put it in the basement due to the weight.

I can add another snorkling destination to the list. :)

The water changes will be a breeze. Hook up the python, set it in the tank and walk away. Be sure to put a mesh bag over the intake tube if it is open. Come back a little while later and turn the switch and start refilling. No big deal. Trust me. Our 150 is so much easier than the smaller ones with draining. You can't hardly ever drain too much water by accident.

I haven't even thought about a 300 gallon yet... But I am guilty of writing lists of the possible inhabitants for my imaginary(and possible future) 90 gallon while I am sitting in class. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom