Just a suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
As a new member to AA, I've found the advice and the articles extremely helpful. I found AA during a desperate search for advice on Ich (after recieving questionable advice from my LFS). I am slowly convincing family and friends to pursue this excellent hobby and I am succeeding.

The only info that I haven't seen and would suggest is on livestock compatibility. I've referred my peeps to AA and if they could see this info, they can handle their "one-stop" shopping right here! What do you guys think (or did I miss it already)?

The only info that I haven't seen and would suggest is on livestock compatibility. I've referred my peeps to AA and if they could see this info, they can handle their "one-stop" shopping right here! What do you guys think (or did I miss it already)?
I find that it is better to talk to someone about compatibility. Not only do you have to take into consideration what fish will get along, but also tank size.

there's a great site called fishprofiles.com, i use that as base to research fish & behaviours. they have a compatabitlity tool thingy too, but i never use it. Its based on water paramters etc. Like Menagerie said the best way is to ask, personal experience can not be put into a database :wink:

I use fishprofiles.com too. Planetcatfish.com is excellent for bottomdweller profiles.

The other thing to keep in mind is that compatibility profiles are simply a guide. Like all animals, fish have individual personalities that may or may not fit the species profile.

What you all have descibied is exactly how I started my tank. It was exhausting and time consuming (I guess all newbies must suffer somewhat). Most of the info conflicted and I evatually resorted to making the best possible guess. So far so good. Thanks all :D

Welcome to the forum. Stocking a tank is much more complicated than many beginners think. It is easy to buy a couple of these and a couple of those and end up with problems. Do you want fast moving schooling fish like tetras or stately cruisers like angels or discus? Also, fish are individuals. Some quiet fish can be agressive and some agressive species may be tolerent. Some times you just have to try'em and see. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom