Just air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vysekal

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have just received my new air pump its tetratec APS 300, I have decide to go mainly with air powered filters, as you can see I build DIY undergravel filter, couldn't run it properly as I didn't had strong air pump, and there are multiple air chambers built in, so I found out that the air isn't distributed properly so I'll be fixing that on my next maintenance. Anyway had to install the filter before my pump arrived as the gravel was very dirty and prolonging cleaning wasn't possible. The build in air filter sucks and my other mechanical filter wasn't doing proper job. Here's some pics, it will look better when the air chambers will be running.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462472523.068695.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462472542.563477.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1462472551.582575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ah, air pumps. Good memories of testing exactly how many miles of airline could be run to different stuff. Is it coming out of the castle for the bubble stream?

Ah, air pumps. Good memories of testing exactly how many miles of airline could be run to different stuff. Is it coming out of the castle for the bubble stream?

Yeh that is the original air powered filter, the green hose is the undergravel filter and there are two more chambers for the bubble stream

Yeh that is the original air powered filter, the green hose is the undergravel filter and there are two more chambers for the bubble stream

That looks nice. I always hated the ugf risers poking out. Didn't like the look of the pipes. They should do something for canister filter pipes. :)

60l and the filter is crap. Wouldn't recommend running it alone for anybody else, ill hopefully get to the point where I will have equal bio diversity so that only water top up would be necessary. Any way long ahead I will have all the internals and filters such as then build in covered with plants or custom build deco

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom