Just an idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, i just got a interesting idea.

What if you made a "shrimp complex" with the aqueon betta falls aquarium? With different shrimp types and scapes in each little section.

Here is the tank:

51zBWS8mPSL.jpg
No bettas of course! :fish2:

I think the shrimp would mix and get caught up in the filter. They swim everywhere and I can imagine them getting pulled in to the little water falls, then sucked in to the intake of the last section. Interesting looking setup though. I'd still prefer separate tanks though. Maybe like 3x 2g AquaTop cubes pushed together.

I think the shrimp would mix and get caught up in the filter. They swim everywhere and I can imagine them getting pulled in to the little water falls, then sucked in to the intake of the last section. Interesting looking setup though. I'd still prefer separate tanks though. Maybe like 3x 2g AquaTop cubes pushed together.

yeah, forgot about the filter sucking em up.., i think ill look into a similar setup, but without a power filter. Thanks for the in[ut!:flowers:

I find that sponge filters work particularly well with shrimp tanks. Or you can use a HOB filter like the Azoo Palm. They come with sponge pre-filters to prevent shrimp from getting sucked up. What type of shrimp are you considering?

Shrimp have no qualms about climbing up and over the edges of tanks, so the separation between the types wouldn't last long ;) Especially with the waterfall going between each tank, they'd climb up and ride the wave down. I have a hard enough time keeping my shrimp out of my overflow box even when it's stuffed full of filter floss!

I really like that tank I just wish it was way bigger like 2g each so 6 all together

Back
Top Bottom