Just bought my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wilmo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well folks finally got my fish. Went to the best shop near my area. Had to travel 35 miles. But went I was there I got a fighter and he was in with male guppies and he was totally plasid with them so I bought some awell as some neons. Al put a list up laters as well as picks. Defo going back there likes. Woop

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

so the fish i got were:

1 male betta (greeny blue) unsure on the breed
6 neon tetras
2 cobra guppies (male)
2 lemon guppies (male)
2 black guppies (male)
2 Cherry shrimp

i know that male guppies aren't ment to be in with a male fighter, but when i got them the fighter was in with the black guppies and was swimming fine with them, the guys at maidenhead said that he's been fine with them. i think he must have been in with them when he was young. However they're in my tank now and are getting along great. woop. i'll post pics soon as i take them.

Last edited:
not the best of pics stupid iphone

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 90
That's awesome that you were able to get a betta who is cool with guppies. My guppies put my betta in fight mode so they are separated lol

That's awesome that you were able to get a betta who is cool with guppies. My guppies put my betta in fight mode so they are separated lol

i was totally taking aback with it so i was, im new to the world of keeping fish but i have known about fighters and guppies for years. ive always want both but i prefer fighters. love how i can have both now.:D

That's so cool! I would love to have a male in with other fish but I'm scared to try!

siva said:
That's so cool! I would love to have a male in with other fish but I'm scared to try!

Well it's morning and everyones still there. Can't see one of the cherry shrimp but it's prob hiding. Lol. Go for it. Try it with some mollies or female guppies. Once had a fighter and tossed a cory in with it after being in solitary for about a month. And the fighter went into fight mode. If you were going to add another fish to ur fighter then when u float the bag make sure he see it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

I'm such a weenie I don't even like to see a ghost shrimp get nipped! I'm too scared to try :(

I don't know they are great hiders. I have 10...or at least I had 10...who knows now..I rarely see one. I put three ghost shrimp in with my nicest male betta, and he acted like it was all good..no flaring or anything..just looked at them curiously..yeah...until I wasn't looking..LOL

I don't know they are great hiders. I have 10...or at least I had 10...who knows now..I rarely see one. I put three ghost shrimp in with my nicest male betta, and he acted like it was all good..no flaring or anything..just looked at them curiously..yeah...until I wasn't looking..LOL
lol . yeh well ive still had no probs with them. the guppies act like idiots as well and it doesnt bother him:D

Back
Top Bottom