Just brought NLS food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vindu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought NLS food for my goldfish. How long will it take for me to notice a difference in the fishes appearance?

10 days to a few months. It is above and beyond any other food I have tried IME.

mfdrookie516 said:
You may never see a difference. NLS isn't going to do anything that any other high quality food won't do IMO

You must be the first person I have have heard putting NLS on the same level as the other foods.

By the way how is it that sinking pellets do not sink?

I bought the Nls just to see what all the hubub was about.. but I Also bought about 6 different types of food and a dozen types of frozen foods. Not only do I want to try variety, everyone's fish and setups are different.. I want what's best for mine.

Have you tried feeding NLS exclusively for a few months?

I have. I still do with certain species. Not really for any special reason other than its a good balanced pellet and simple to feed them with.

I dont drink the kool aid.
You should know that NLS has magic in it, any product that insists upon itself constantly must be the best. (y)

I was going to sit this one out but anyways, with most other large name brand foods there's advertisements in magazines and endorsements like Petsmart and Omega One with NLS there are no ads or endorsements. It's pure and simple results from aquarist who have voiced their opinions online of a food that has benefited their fish over long term use, IMO it doesn't get any better than that. Which is why you will not find anything else in my house or my fishes stomachs. And yes I've been drinking the kool aid for years.

NLS has advertisements in Petland and I believe now Petco as well.(no petcos local to here so not 100% sure) They also have their own forum where alot of the things I see posted here are nearly word for word reiterations.

I like NLS but it's not the second coming. This is the only forum that I've ever seen a processed food be held in higher standing than fresh fruits and vegetables, I don't think it takes a nutritionist to have to contemplate that one.

jetajockey said:
NLS has advertisements in Petland and I believe now Petco as well.(no petcos local to here so not 100% sure) They also have their own forum where alot of the things I see posted here are nearly word for word reiterations.

I like NLS but it's not the second coming. This is the only forum that I've ever seen a processed food be held in higher standing than fresh fruits and vegetables, I don't think it takes a nutritionist to have to contemplate that one.

Haha.. new life spectrum. The baby Jesus of aquarium hobbyists

jetajockey said:

I agree, NLS is good but I still vary my diet with bloodworms, and many other frozen food plus blanched vege on occasion.

Fruits and vegetables are not on the plate of the majority of fish in the wild, don't see alot of zucchini under the water being munched on. Sure there's some plant life and alage growing but those examples are just as far fetched as a processed food which is designed with the sole purpose of proper nutrition of fresh and salt water fish. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

To the skeptics: Have you fed NLS exclusively for months?

Being carried in Petland, Petco, etc. is different from advertising. NLS does have advertising, but very little. Evne the advertising they do is not much more than 'this tank of fish from all over the world with vastly different diets is thriving on NLS exclusively for twelve years and counting', they let the results that their food produces speak for them.

A high quality pellet is designed by nutritionists to be a complete and balanced diet. A hobbyist feeding a hodge podge of 'natural' foods is guesswork at best and will likely not come close to what professionals can produce in a high quality pellet. Just because it is a prepared food doesn't mean it is low quality (at least not necessarily, although there are a lot of low quality prepared foods). And just because something is 'natural' (and usually far from being truly natural) doesn't make it better.

Back
Top Bottom