Just checking...normal behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, my yellow labs are still doing ok. I just wanted to check on their behavior. It seems one has declared himself king of the tank and will chase all the others around. I have been looking real close at their fins and I can see no damage--it this behavior normal or will this guy cause more trouble as he gets larger?

LOL. He sounds like quite the happy little bugger. As long as there's enough room for all of them to claim a piece of water (I guess that's what you'd call it) they should be fine. Also as long as they have a refuge to go to if mr king fish desides he's had enough of all the worthless commoners if you KWIM LOL.

I never kept yellow labs, but I have kept other african Cichlids, yes its normal. He may well continue to do it, and if one fish show the slightest sign of weakness, watch out. My exp with africans is that they need a ton of room, or somebody is gonna die!

I got sick to death of moving the decor (didn't work) taking out the aggro one (next in line took his place) remove the target fish, (he picked the next weakest one). This was nearly 20 years ago, but I tried 3-4 different species of Malawi or Tanganykas, and had more frustration than enjoyment.

Kept peaceful fish ever since. Sorry, JME.

Back
Top Bottom