Just got a new dslr camera, how does this pic look of my cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering how the quality is on this camera. This is my turquoise jewel cichlid. I think he's pretty healthy. Any feedback is appreciated. Also I'm still stumped on what to add cichlid wise in my 55.

Attachments

• image-2518898303.jpg
    image-2518898303.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 103
Just wondering how the quality is on this camera. This is my turquoise jewel cichlid. I think he's pretty healthy. Any feedback is appreciated. Also I'm still stumped on what to add cichlid wise in my 55.

Looks nice, DSLRs definitely are great. I know there are several camera junkies on here who can help you with settings and such, I am not one of them ;)

Looks good! I'm so jealous!!! What did u get btw?

The pic looks good, maybe try a lower (faster) shutter speed? Also play with the f/stop too to change depth of field!!!

Also, If you really want to get into photography and have a decent computer look into Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. Amazing program! U can enhance coloring, exposure, increase sharpness, reduce noise... It's a pretty expensive program, but U can download the program and use it for 30 days to try it out. It really takes amazing pix from a good camera and takes them even further! Highly recommended

But again, Good pic :p

Great pic! It's always nice to have a decent camera around. All I have is my iPhone camera now. I always have to borrow my one of my father's DSLR if I need a camera, would be great to have one of my own. Have fun taking pictures with it!!

I picked up a canon rebel EoS T3i, it has a 18-55 lens, I have an 8gb class 6 as card for now, I also picked up a 75-300 mm lens as well. And I'm still learning all the ins and outs with it.

I picked up a canon rebel EoS T3i, it has a 18-55 lens, I have an 8gb class 6 as card for now, I also picked up a 75-300 mm lens as well. And I'm still learning all the ins and outs with it.

Nice! My ex was a photography major and shot on a canon. I love how user friendly they are. My sister just got a Nikon and i def feel the canon is easier to use. Congrats again!

Looks good for a first picture. I find it easier to use the longest lens and step back far away and zoom in. Lower your aperture to the lowest possible, increase shutter speed. Play with the white balance (or see how it looks on auto). And take LOTS of pictures. I'll probably take 100-200 and only get 2-3 good, crisp shots. Oh, and don't use the flash... Ever..

Looks good for a first picture. I find it easier to use the longest lens and step back far away and zoom in. Lower your aperture to the lowest possible, increase shutter speed. Play with the white balance (or see how it looks on auto). And take LOTS of pictures. I'll probably take 100-200 and only get 2-3 good, crisp shots. Oh, and don't use the flash... Ever..

Haha loved a few things u said "take LOTS...." Lol love when u show someone one pic, they're like THAT'S AMAZING and ur like... Thanks, kinda learned from the simple tweeks I did to the first 172 of the same image lol.

I second the flash thing too

Haha loved a few things u said "take LOTS...." Lol love when u show someone one pic, they're like THAT'S AMAZING and ur like... Thanks, kinda learned from the simple tweeks I did to the first 172 of the same image lol.

I second the flash thing too

Exactly! It's all about practicing and doing it over and over again until you see what works the best. And you can't really see what a picture actually looks like until you upload it to the computer, and then you realize the 'perfect' picture is actually blurry... -.-

Back
Top Bottom