just got some Siamese Algae Eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just brought home 2 Siamese algae eaters in hopes that they will eat the thread/hair/brush algae that's growing all over my planted 10 gallon tank. I have 2 bristlenose pleco's AND some oto's in there and they take care of the normal brown and green algaes that i see occassionally. Ive cut down on my zuchini feedings in this tank to once a week and i only leave the zuchini in for about a day. And i only feed algae wafers once or twice a week (instead of daily.. lol)

So anyway my question is how well do SAE really do on this type of algae??? Anybody who has them are they any good?!?! Also will they get to big for a 10 gallon?

I got three for my 46g they do a really good job on hair and beard algea. The parts of my tank they've cleaned look brand new.

I just got two for my 55 to help with the hair algae in my tank. They've only been in there a couple of days, I've seen them eating it but I don't know if they will eat enough to make a real difference.

This is promising... I just bought 3 for my 44 gallon. Hopefully they won't grow too quickly!
My CAE doesn't seem to mind them either, iw as afraid the guy would get agressive.

yeah i know mine will eventually get to big for the 10 gallon but if they help with the algae i can always sell em back later. They seem to be pretty busy eating at stuff.

Back
Top Bottom