Just wondering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaitym

Aquarium Advice Regular
My betta seems to just chill in one corner of the tank. Would he come out more if I moved things around or would that stress him out?

For about 2 weeks now. He's been doing it for the past week. He'll come out when you walk up to the tank if he thinks you're going to feed him, but once he figures out you aren't putting anything in, he swims back into hiding. Maybe he's just shy. He hasn't flared or built a bubble nest. I don't know the water parameters, I need to go get a new testing kit once the finances even out.

Steady at 80. It's got a filter, but I've done everything known to man to slow the flow of water down. I did a water change this morning actually, thought it might help out. He came out to see what was going on but that lasted for about 30 seconds.

has his girlfriend broken up with him lately? car repossessed? has he put on a little bit of weight and can't fit into his favorite miniskirt?

lol nice.. I don't think he ever had a car, and I don't think my boy would wear a mini.. But there was a female betta next to him on the shelf-of-death. Who knows? Maybe he feels cramped. He's in a 5.5 gallon with a little cave thingy and and 4 plants (fake). I might take out a couple and see if that works.. good idea or no?

lol nice.. I don't think he ever had a car, and I don't think my boy would wear a mini.. But there was a female betta next to him on the shelf-of-death. Who knows? Maybe he feels cramped. He's in a 5.5 gallon with a little cave thingy and and 4 plants (fake). I might take out a couple and see if that works.. good idea or no?
all my bettas love being nestled into their plants so i doubt that's the problem

Any suggestions? I just hate seeing him (or not seeing him) like this. My last 2 bettas were very inquisitive of what was going on in the room at all times.

So I moved the decorations around and he seems happier. Chills in the middle of the tank now right in front for the world to see.

Back
Top Bottom