Juvenile Pleco in 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Three oto would be happy to clean up a well established 10g. They would need supplemental feeding, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've heard from this other fish keeper that they weren't as active in a small 10 gallon. When he upgraded to a 20 they were very active even during the day as they are nocturnal. I want my fish to be happy. I've also heard from many people that they are not very good in a planted tank as just rubbing against them will disturb the plants b/c they are very long. They'll also dig and I wouldn't want them uprooting my plants!:ermm:
Exactly.
edit
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Edit what?

I've heard from this other fish keeper that they weren't as active in a small 10 gallon. When he upgraded to a 20 they were very active even during the day as they are nocturnal. I want my fish to be happy. I've also heard from many people that they are not very good in a planted tank as just rubbing against them will disturb the plants b/c they are very long. They'll also dig and I wouldn't want them uprooting my plants!:ermm:

Just no.. i have corys in my planted tanks, they don't do any.of which you've mentioned, I have corys that could bowl through plants no problem but they don't. I had hastatus in a 7.5 gal and they were put and about all.the time.
Question to those making all these claims based on someone else's info, any first hand info?
I keep habrosus, hastatus, elegans, trilineus, emerald (huge). They all do what corys do.. in planted tanks, dark substrate, light substrate, co2, ferts... i feed them well with high quality foods and keep my water pristine, my lighting is set on timers so they have a routine.. i don't care what breeders say about keeping a dwarf corys in a 10. It's fine because I said so and I'm just some ghost on the Internet so listen to me instead, you'll have more fun with your tanks.

Just no.. i have corys in my planted tanks, they don't do any.of which you've mentioned, I have corys that could bowl through plants no problem but they don't. I had hastatus in a 7.5 gal and they were put and about all.the time.
Question to those making all these claims based on someone else's info, any first hand info?
I keep habrosus, hastatus, elegans, trilineus, emerald (huge). They all do what corys do.. in planted tanks, dark substrate, light substrate, co2, ferts... i feed them well with high quality foods and keep my water pristine, my lighting is set on timers so they have a routine.. i don't care what breeders say about keeping a dwarf corys in a 10. It's fine because I said so and I'm just some ghost on the Internet so listen to me instead, you'll have more fun with your tanks.

I thought he was talking about kuhli loaches there...

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I thought he was talking about kuhli loaches there...

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmmm, could be right sini, either way.. they don't bother my plants either! Haha this is quite the thread. Between the two of us, Brenna and eggy we can disprove any bunk cory, loach and oto myth:)

Hmmm, could be right sini, either way.. they don't bother my plants either! Haha this is quite the thread. Between the two of us, Brenna and eggy we can disprove any bunk cory, loach and oto myth:)

Right..... everyone has different opinions. You can believe whatever you want.

Back
Top Bottom