Juwel light unit problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danstroud1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. Does anyone know anything about juwel t8 light units? I have a rio 300 and the lights are completely dead. I've replaced both fluorescent tubes and the plug fuse but still nothing. Am I going to have to fork out £70 on a new light unit? Also how long can fish go without bright light? Many thanks

Forgive me for sounding vague as I am on my death bed with man flu.

Fluorescent tubes have a starter unit. It looks like a small cylinder about 2" high by 1" wide with 2 metal lugs on one end. These assist in the firing up of the tubes and the lights won't work without them. Replacements are readily available from any electrical store.

I can't help any further as I have T5's in my tank, but at least I have given you something else to look into.

Sorry if I spout gibberish.

If it's not the starter or the bulbs then its prob the ballast. a rectangular shaped thing inside the light fixture.the home depot or lowes or most hardware stores have them. just make sure you replace it with one identical with same watts and voltage .

Back
Top Bottom