keeping different corys. will they school?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joejeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 albinos and 2 emeralds. I.was goin to get two more emeralds. Do u guys think this will bring out the schooling behavior or do all of the corys have to be the same color. I was also considering a spotted variety. Will different colors of cory school?

No, not really. If they are closely related they might, but generally speaking they won't. They might shoal together but that's about it. Brochis splendens (emerald cory) and corydoras paleatus(peppered cory)/corydoras aeneus (bronze/albino cory) are not close at all.

The most common albinos are usually bronze corys so those two would likely school together, but it's really best to get all of the same species.

Dangit. And here I am w mixed variety. Gonna have to find someone to switch w I guess.

Yeah, I thought about things that way too until I realized they didn't school together! I have 2 groups of 4, and 1 group of 5. They all mind their own business with their own species. It has a nice effect on the tank though.

I want to get a school of one ot the other up to 6. Don't have room to have both. It's a 29 and I want to have the school behavior. So I have to pull the trigger. Guess I like the albinos better... I was planning a 10 gallon shrimp tank... Wonder if that is enough room for 6 of the other kind n a ten...

Back
Top Bottom