keeping feeder fish as pets!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benji-star

Aquarium Advice Activist
just a question how many of you guys are keeping feeder fish as pets.

it seems every time i pick something out at the lfs it turns out to be some cheap thing ment to be food for the other fish.

i guess this isnt the worst problem to have
what feeder fish do you keep as pets?

I'm one. I keep some comets that used to be feeders. They're perfectly good fish, with plenty of personality.

Let see...
I have feeder goldies in one pond that are now 4-5 inches long, I have feeder koi in two other ponds, and rosy reds in a small pond. Oh, and a few feeder guppies that never got fed out and are now part of the scenary. Oh, and some feeder ghost shrimp that I got attached to. Umm, I think that's it.

i have feeder goldfish, i started of with 6. 3 died off withen the first month :( but the other three i have had for over 2 years.

I got 3 feeder goldfish at a carnival (bow down to my ping pong ball tossing skills). 1 died after a month but the other two are now happily living in a 10-gal awaiting future companions. Suggestions anyone?

i have to say that i am a goldie keeper and i would just keep the two goldies in the ten gallon you are kinda overstocked already by having high waste producing fish like goldies in a ten gallon. goldies should be kept with 10 gallons per fish
jmo
good luck

I know what everyone says about goldfish. My guys are still small, only about 2". And I have massive filtration on that tank (over 15x turnover per hour). I want to get them some tankmates b/c they seem so nervous all the time. I figure some "lookout" fish might make them feel more comfortable.

My feeder goldie I bought almost a year ago is as long as my hand now

I gave him to a close friend who is going to build a pond for them *nod*

Back
Top Bottom