Keeping Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RachelElizabeth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking to keep mollies for the first time, and I am wondering if the different color varieties will shoal together just the same?

For example, if I had 3 dalmation mollies and 3 gold mollies, would they shoal together? Or do the different color varieties cause them to not recognize others of the same species?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I have only ever kept schools of barbs and such that all look alike!

Thanks!

mine have intermixed. I have Panda Mollies and Balloon belly mollies and now I have panda balloon belly fry. Mollies are super resilient. Mine haven't eaten the fry or at least, I still have like 10 fry that made it. I have tons of fry from Platy's and Guppies too...its a busy tank.

I have been keeping and breeding mollies for a couple years now and I have found that they will shoal together no matter the variety. I keep/have kept dalmation, black and gold dust- and they all shoal together (and breed :lol:).

Back
Top Bottom