Keeping tanks isolated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Obviously, you should keep your quarantine tank isolated from your display tanks - not share nets or siphons etc. But what about your other tanks, asuming you have more than one? (Pretty safe bet on this forum! :) )

Do you have a separate bucket, net, siphon etc for each of your tanks? Are you careful about moving wet hands from one tank to another, or moving plants or decorations etc?

Obviously, you should keep your quarantine tank isolated from your display tanks - not share nets or siphons etc. But what about your other tanks, asuming you have more than one? (Pretty safe bet on this forum! :) ) Do you have a separate bucket, net, siphon etc for each of your tanks? Are you careful about moving wet hands from one tank to another, or moving plants or decorations etc?

Use the same for all my tanks. I know the water comes from the same place so the chemistry is pretty much the same. Never really had any problems.

I was thinking more about the risk of spreading infections of parasites from one tank to another?

I guess you could call me a daredevil then ;) ... But like I said never had any problems.

Most websites will advise against using the same accesories in different tanks, but I have never followed this rule and have never ran into a problem. I do have different supplies for my q tank though.

At any given time I have run up to 5 tanks and while that was 15 years ago, it never struck me to not to use the same stuff in my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom