Khuli loaches ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshua969

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 55 gallon tank is fairly new (been up and running about 3 months), and I'm interested in getting some khuli locahes. I know they're scavangers, but I'm worried that my tank is too new to support these guys. Would they be able to scavange the gravel for food in a 3 month old tank ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Josh

Khuli loaches will eat the left overs that the other fish miss. They will not be looking for 3 month old food, that's what gravel vacuums are for. At the peak of the khuli loach population in my 50, there were over a dozen and I loved them. Khulis will eat just about any food, including flake, pellets, wafers and fresh veggies.

I was overfeeding at the start of this tank, so there's definitely no old food laying around. The only problem I'm having now is finding a LFS that has them in stock. Every store in a 20 mile radius is out of them. Oh well...guess I'll have to wait a couple weeks and hope they come in. Thanks for your help.

get sinkable food if anything. many online stores have deals or sell them for cheap.

I learned from a couple of LFS in Calgary that Khulis do not ship well and not always available. I would get excited to see them come in, only to watch the numbers dwindle during their quarantine at the store :(

What is the typical bio-load of a Khuli loach? I assume fairly low?
Same most 3 inch fish.

Back
Top Bottom