Khuli question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dagon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I asked a while ago about 'eel' like fish for my 5 year old eel-obsessed son. I was advised khuli loaches - and on reading up on them, I think this a great idea.

I will shortly be upgrading my tank. Which allows me to allocate tank space to my son's obsession.

I have one further query (as I wouldn't want to stock the little blighters to no purpose) ...

Much of the info on khuli loaches suggests they are nocturnal/shy. Assuming they have sufficient hiding places/cover, and no aggressive tank Mates, can I be confident they will be out and about? Or will they mostly hide?

I ask as my son has less patience than I do.

Mine are always out and about, I have 6 black and they are such characters. They do laps around the tank and find all kind of odd places to hang. Now they do like caves and such but for the most part they are pretty active

I asked a while ago about 'eel' like fish for my 5 year old eel-obsessed son. I was advised khuli loaches - and on reading up on them, I think this a great idea.

I will shortly be upgrading my tank. Which allows me to allocate tank space to my son's obsession.

I have one further query (as I wouldn't want to stock the little blighters to no purpose) ...

Much of the info on khuli loaches suggests they are nocturnal/shy. Assuming they have sufficient hiding places/cover, and no aggressive tank Mates, can I be confident they will be out and about? Or will they mostly hide?

I ask as my son has less patience than I do.

I see mine out about 50% of the time. They like subdued/low lighting. They do like to hide, but if they are comfortable in their environment (in groups of 5 or more, in a heavily planted tank, etc.), they'll come out. Kuhlies also have a love for bloodworms.

Here is one of mine out in the daytime, hanging around some Crypts:

XW7GMNV.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are out and about all of the time. But the plants are pretty thick so I have to look. Usually one cruiser hangs out in the front to show off. IMG_0023.jpg

Many apologies. I belatedly realise I never thanked him you for your comments. So, thanks!

heres my eels they out day and night lol they do hide occasionally but normally always in sight ...they also like going into our jet pump thing 20180107_204555.jpg20171222_220627.jpg they chase each other alot and they are so fun to watch they get in some funny places ...they are half banded spiney eels

Back
Top Bottom