killer mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retorres70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
have had an angel in my tank for a couple of weeks now. when i went in the other day the mollies were biting at him. didn't realy think anything about it b/c the angel just ran and they left him alone. then seen it again and this time he was in pretty bad shape. had to remove and flush b/c he wasn't going to make it.
is this normal? should i remove the main molly? there is one thats alot bigger than the rest. any sugg. thanks.

had to remove and flush b/c he wasn't going to make it.

I personally think you should always try and treat sick or hurt fish before you give up.

And you should never flush fish while they are still alive. If your angel was in really bad shape, there are more humane ways to put him down.

In regards to your Molly question, I have never experienced any aggressive behaviour in Mollies. What else do you have in your tank with your Mollies?

sorry for flushing him but be would just sink then move a little then sink again.
besides the molly have 2 platies and one goldfish. nothing aggressive or even semi thats why i was so suprised. but the one that kept hitting him was the biggest molly. thats why i posted killer mollies

Maybe it was your african frog who clawed your angel to death!

Anyway.........don't just flush your angel...........i would've flushed the posible culprits and tried to save the angel. :evil:

Next time take him out, put him on a plate, and slice his head off in a swift motion!

Next time take him out, put him on a plate, and slice his head off in a swift motion!
Nasty, but humane.

About the fish in that tank, goldfish do not belong in a tropical tank.

ok i understand the flushing thing but few have approached the original question. is this normal for a molly? should i remove it before putting in another fish?

Finallt someone who believes that mollies are aggressive! I have a male molly that will bite anything I put him in with. He hunted down and killed my school of 8 neon tetras! I ended up removing him and putting him in his own 2 gal mini bow. I think its better to seclude the molly since they like to be in a brackish invironment anyways. Go out and get another tank and some marine salt.

rather some mollies are aggressive. I've seen a couple people now who've had problems like that. But there are a lot of people out there that have mollies swimming around in community tanks minding their own business. I think it may be a case a of individuals.

I have 2 mollies in different tanks because I had to separate them. They now chase anything and everything in the tank with them.

Back
Top Bottom