Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishrex

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does Killifish makes a good community tank (90 gallons)? Mates are a collection of Tetras and Boeseman Rainbowfsh

It depends on the type of killi but most of them should do just fine in that tank.

It absolutely depends on the species.

I had a golden wonder killi once... it ate anything that could fit in its mouth... I kept wondering why the neon tetras were disappearing one by one until I finally saw him go after one and gulp it down! I didn't realize their mouths were so big!

Some killis would be fine. Some would kill your other fish and some would get stressed and die. Is there a specific killi you're looking at?

I'm considering Guentheri Killifish. What do you think?

I'm considering Guentheri Killifish. What do you think?

Those are in the same family as the Rachovii I keep. I do have some Rachovii in my 220g BUT I know my stock, have the tank 100% planted, and over feed to ensure my smaller fish get enough food. All that being said I would not recommend them in a large tank. They can be quite shy and easily outcompeted for food. Your also not going to be able to appreciate their beauty due to their size and the size of your tank. My other killi's which are all smaller species are kept in smaller tanks not larger than 24 gallons and the ones in community tanks are housed with nano fish.

Back
Top Bottom