Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say it looks like an Aphyosemion, but I can't narrow it down any more than that without clearer pictures and brighter colours. (I'm assuming these are in a shop or recently moved as he's fairly pale).

I would like to retract my previous statement.

Seeing the clearer picture: it's a Fundulopanchax Sjoestedti Loe. (98% sure). Sometimes referred to as the Golden Pheasant Panchax, or GF Killifish.

Needs around a 90 litre tank, footprint of at least 90x30cm, and can get over 10cm long.

He should be kept in a trio with two females at least, him and three is better, and if you're used to spawning mops, or want to put the effort in to learn, you may have successful breeding.

I wouldn't keep them with anything smaller than full grown Danio/average full grown guppy. They'll take out anything smaller and will snap up fry and smaller fish with no problem.

I moved them to a 55 gallon tank, they have it all to them selfs. They destroyed my rainbow fish and everything else. Live and learn. Thank you Image1493614525.486639.jpg

Wow...
They like, killifish royalty? Lol [emoji23]
I bet they're loving all that swimming room.

You can definitely get some great fish that won't get eaten. There's over a thousand types of killifish alone, you could do an all-killi tank.

Or most cichlids make good neighbours.

Corys. Or a smaller pleco even, since it's a 55g.

Just, nothing too small. (That goes for babies of larger fish).
And nothing too finny.

Enjoy them though, they're great fish.
Throw some small feeder fish in there and watch them hunt, it's quite fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom