Killifish King of Chicago - I started bidding on Killifish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i took the heater out.. It was one I had in storage as back up. Obviously it is no longer a back up heater :(

It is sitting at 74 degrees now....

To make myself feel better I am pretending that I treated my eggs with a 2 hour sauna.....

Killifish pair at work are still doing well...

Moose

The female Aphyosemion scheeli has decided to go to the big tank in heaven. :(

I am down but not out! I will be the killifish king of Chicago!!!

Mooose

webmoose said:
The female Aphyosemion scheeli has decided to go to the big tank in heaven. :(
Mooose

Crap...but not to fear....Gary (Garhan on Alberta Aquatica) has a whack of scheeli...if you ask nicely, I am sure he can bring you down a girl next time he comes to Calgary.

Sorry Jchillin didn't think anyone would actually ask me what I was talking about:

Memorable Quotes from
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

Maitre D': You're Abe Froman?
Ferris: That's right. I'm Abe Froman.
Maitre D': The sausage king of Chicago?
Ferris: [brief hesitation] Yeah. That's me.

Toirtis thanks for the tip! I have some fresh brine shrimp in the hoppers for my Aphyosemion and the off chance that I have some of my eggs hatch..

Had the flash light out this morning.. No fry yet. Going to let it brew for at least another week with my fingers cross before I start freaking out.

Over and out..

Moose

Na only been to Chicago twice.. :)

Bueller.... Bueller..... (I have seen that movie a few too many times)

Moose

Well day 17 with the eggs. Going to take a close look inspection in the next day or two and look at an individual eggs.. (wish me luck)

The male at work is still doing well.

Anyone come across killis in LFS in town please let me know so I can go look at them :)

Moose

Wow.......hope they make it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!! (y)

So have you been crowned king yet? :mrgreen:

Fascinating! I just read through this whole thread and I am on the edge of my seat! I really hope those babies hatch!

Well keep your fingers crossed. I dug thru the peat last night and found 3 or so eggs that were white and none that looked fungused so if that is correct I might have 50 or so left that are not white.. :)

I am going to do a closer search for 'good' eggs soon.

MoooooooSe

Well its been 3 weeks and 3 days... I did a search threw the peat and did not find eggs. perhaps degenerated? I am keeping it set up until the 24th 'just in case' there is still life in there..

The Male at work is still doing great..

Soon I hope to have Northo eggseri Tan's and more Australia eggs in the mail to try again.

Fingers crossed for attempt #2.

Moose

SO I think I am close to drawing the conclusion that I have Planaria growing where I would have killifry right now..

I have a replacement set of eggs coming in the mail hopefully :)

Mooose

Back
Top Bottom