Kissing Gourami Tank Mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had 2 kissing gourami and do not recommend 2 in the same tank. Mine were apparently both male and they challenged each other every day which was stressing out the other fish. Fortunately I was able to put one into a different tank today and you would never know either of them had been aggressive. Currently mine are in with platys, mollies, rainbows, tetras, barbs. Very peaceful when not in company of their own kind. When they were both in the same tank they both chased each other and their tankmates-particularly at feeding time....good luck.

My two kissers get along great but will fight sometimes but rare

Yeah you probably need to upgrade to a bigger tank but I've had my pink gourami with large angels did fine with them but now he's with Tiger Oscar, silver dollar (which he does very well with btw) and a red blood parrot who he constantly picks on but parrot does a good job of holding his own but might be putting him in 55 g soon with the 2 large angels because he never messed with them.

Back
Top Bottom