Koi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choonchiesback

Aquarium Advice Activist
Went to the LFS today (petco) and passed by the TINY tank they had a koi in. It looked a little beat up and my weak side had to save him. So I brought him. It's still a bit on the cooler side outside so I didn't want to thrown him in the pond yet...... So I put him in my 55 with my two fancies so I can keep an eye on him. Do you you think I can keep him in there for two or three weeks until pond warms up a bit?? He looks like he has some fin damage and I'd hate to throw him into a cold pond and cause too much stress.

Mumma he looks like he's healing up. Put him in my fancy QT, should have mentioned that. He has a great appetite, but went he eats he darts back and forth in the tank. He's about 4 inches long now super cool looking fish too. He is mainly white with pale orange head with a tint of gray in the orange. Keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't change too much. I had a butterfly I brought solid yellow and in two years it turned white and orange. LOL she out grew my pond and now lives in my aunts pond (a 6 foot feed in ground pool converted to a pond) and its about 18 inches now and eats peas right out your hand. I only have 2 comets in my pond now. It's 6x8 feet and about 3feet deep so I'm afraid to put too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom