Kordon Products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Milano11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I Wanted to get everyones input on Kordon Products.
I have been using Novaqua for about 15 years. I use it every water change, occasionally use a bit of Amquel (just to prevent any ammonia problems, I don't rely on it).
I recently found out about a product called Fish protector made by Kordon, this is supposed to be a great slime coat replacer and calm down aggressive fish (sometimes my cichlids get a little rowdy and some new additions to the tank have not made it due to this.) I was thinking of trying to use this with Novaqua and Amquel. Will this give me benefits if I use Kordons other two products? All 3 of them state they remove heavy metals and chloramines.

Anyone use this product that can give me a 101 on it?

I don't use these products, but a lot are similar. I don't see it giving any advantage over any other product in theory. Major companies produce products to neutralize heavy metals, chloramines and chlorine, witch also contains a stress formula to help replace slime coat, regenerate/protect broken fins and reduce stress(witch, might help reduce aggressiveness). My opinion would be to test it. If you see a difference, that could be great. If not, i would suggest trying other products made by alternative companies:D
Sorry if its not accurate, as i haven't seen the reviews, but it could be a good idea.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I did use the Kordons Nova Aqua/Amquel Plus line for quite awhile and do like it except for the cost vs other similar products. I have also used the 'fish protector' product as well. Its supposed to be a slime coat aid and help meds adhere to the slime coat. I do not see anything on the bottle stating it helps to limit aggression/stress or treats chlorine/chloramine. Perhaps the newer formulations state this? I think it has about the same affects as Stress Coat Plus or the Nova Aqua Plus but slightly more concentrated. Catch is, you need to use alot of any of the Kordons products vs brands. Your welcome to give it a try! Let us know what you think about it! :)

you could always look at prime! it treats chloramines and chlorine, heavy metals and detoxify's ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates plus it is very concentrated so 1 500ml bottle ($16 at petsmart or $8 on amazon) will treat 5000 gallons of water

Thanks JLK, I actually order from Petmountain.com A petco rep actually told me about it. You should check it out the price for Water treatments, plant supplements, and filter cartridges are practically half price compared to stores.
- I actually read about prime after I got my Novaqua and Amquel supply and plan to try it.

When PetMt has sales, they can not be beat!! I order from them every few months when I need to stock up on supplies. :)

Back
Top Bottom