krib compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are kribs compatable with? I was thinking about putting a pair in my african leaf fish tank. I dont want to not be able to add anything else though or have my leaf fish beat up.
Im not worried about being over run with fry as my leaf fish will enjoy the snack!
Thanks and God bless!

Kribs are generally peaceful 99.98% of the time. Only when breeding do they become territorial. So they can go with most peaceful fish but be cautious around breeding time. They'll be perfectly fine with the leaf fish.

Kribs are generally peaceful 99.98% of the time. Only when breeding do they become territorial. So they can go with most peaceful fish but be cautious around breeding time. They'll be perfectly fine with the leaf fish.

What else ciuld I keep that would be safe during breeding time?

Anything that's not small or fragile. "Big" fish that can take some abuse are good. Top and middle water dwellers are ideal choices but some bigger bottom dwellers are good like catfish, some loaches and just bigger fish are ok with them.

As aforementioned, they are model citizens 99% of the time. And the other 1% of the time they are breeding or guarding eggs and can get a bit nasty. I have mine in with some pristella tetras and some bronze cory's. The Cory's are large and can take some abuse but they tend to stay away from the kribs at all cost. Nothing ever becomes of it because if the kribs even look at the corys they swim away. Is your aquarium planted? If not, planting it can create natural barriers and reduce aggression. I love my kribs; they are very entertaining. You won't regret it.

As aforementioned, they are model citizens 99% of the time. And the other 1% of the time they are breeding or guarding eggs and can get a bit nasty. I have mine in with some pristella tetras and some bronze cory's. The Cory's are large and can take some abuse but they tend to stay away from the kribs at all cost. Nothing ever becomes of it because if the kribs even look at the corys they swim away. Is your aquarium planted? If not, planting it can create natural barriers and reduce aggression. I love my kribs; they are very entertaining. You won't regret it.

My will soon be moderate to heavy planted. Right now I have one anubias lol the tank has an enormous piece of driftwood in it and a cliff. So let me ask this. Would they be ok with hatchetfish and glass catfish? Also botia loaches and peppered cories? I cant do anything to huge its only a 36 gallon bowfront.

My will soon be moderate to heavy planted. Right now I have one anubias lol the tank has an enormous piece of driftwood in it and a cliff. So let me ask this. Would they be ok with hatchetfish and glass catfish? Also botia loaches and peppered cories? I cant do anything to huge its only a 36 gallon bowfront.

I don't see why not. But it all boils down to individual fish. Just keep an eye out on everything. You should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom