Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
krib compatability

What are kribs compatable with? I was thinking about putting a pair in my african leaf fish tank. I dont want to not be able to add anything else though or have my leaf fish beat up.
Im not worried about being over run with fry as my leaf fish will enjoy the snack!
Thanks and God bless!
__________________

__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Kribs are generally peaceful 99.98% of the time. Only when breeding do they become territorial. So they can go with most peaceful fish but be cautious around breeding time. They'll be perfectly fine with the leaf fish.
__________________

__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichir Bro View Post
Kribs are generally peaceful 99.98% of the time. Only when breeding do they become territorial. So they can go with most peaceful fish but be cautious around breeding time. They'll be perfectly fine with the leaf fish.
What else ciuld I keep that would be safe during breeding time?
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Anything that's not small or fragile. "Big" fish that can take some abuse are good. Top and middle water dwellers are ideal choices but some bigger bottom dwellers are good like catfish, some loaches and just bigger fish are ok with them.
__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
cmwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 120
As aforementioned, they are model citizens 99% of the time. And the other 1% of the time they are breeding or guarding eggs and can get a bit nasty. I have mine in with some pristella tetras and some bronze cory's. The Cory's are large and can take some abuse but they tend to stay away from the kribs at all cost. Nothing ever becomes of it because if the kribs even look at the corys they swim away. Is your aquarium planted? If not, planting it can create natural barriers and reduce aggression. I love my kribs; they are very entertaining. You won't regret it.
__________________
cmwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwalters View Post
As aforementioned, they are model citizens 99% of the time. And the other 1% of the time they are breeding or guarding eggs and can get a bit nasty. I have mine in with some pristella tetras and some bronze cory's. The Cory's are large and can take some abuse but they tend to stay away from the kribs at all cost. Nothing ever becomes of it because if the kribs even look at the corys they swim away. Is your aquarium planted? If not, planting it can create natural barriers and reduce aggression. I love my kribs; they are very entertaining. You won't regret it.
My will soon be moderate to heavy planted. Right now I have one anubias lol the tank has an enormous piece of driftwood in it and a cliff. So let me ask this. Would they be ok with hatchetfish and glass catfish? Also botia loaches and peppered cories? I cant do anything to huge its only a 36 gallon bowfront.
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
cmwalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post
My will soon be moderate to heavy planted. Right now I have one anubias lol the tank has an enormous piece of driftwood in it and a cliff. So let me ask this. Would they be ok with hatchetfish and glass catfish? Also botia loaches and peppered cories? I cant do anything to huge its only a 36 gallon bowfront.
I don't see why not. But it all boils down to individual fish. Just keep an eye out on everything. You should be fine.
__________________
cmwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwalters View Post

I don't see why not. But it all boils down to individual fish. Just keep an eye out on everything. You should be fine.
Cool thanks!
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
What kinda stock you planning on?
__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichir Bro View Post
What kinda stock you planning on?
Well................ so um I was at petsmart today and impulsively bought a african brown knife..... so I dont know anymore..... open to suggestions?
__________________

__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish ID | Clean »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.