Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
JessiNoel21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Springfield,MA
Posts: 646
Kribs,Pygmy Cories, and ADFs

Well they all get along in a 10 gallon? My LFS albino male Kribs that's been there for 7 months now and he is so cute and loves to follow my finger but only tank I have is my 10 gallon seeing I sold my Bettas.


5 gallon planted(6 Pygmy Cories and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon ( 12 Pygmy Cories and 1 female betta)
__________________

__________________
JessiNoel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Kribs,Pygmy Cories, and ADFs

No, no they will not.
__________________

__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
 
Wy Renegade's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,754
10 gallon tank is too small for a krib.
__________________
the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
ADF and Pygmy will work but Kribensis gets too big.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
JessiNoel21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Springfield,MA
Posts: 646
Okay guess I will have to get a 20L than


5 gallon planted(6 Pygmy Cories and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon ( 12 Pygmy Cories and 1 female betta)
__________________
JessiNoel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425937458.375348.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	266853

Might want to reconsider the krib


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
 
Wy Renegade's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,754
While I don't agree that common Kribs need a 50 gallon aquarium, I do agree that even a 20L is too small for kribs .
__________________
the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishdude3233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta ga
Posts: 1,622
I've bred commons in a 20L all by them selves
And even a smaller pair in a 10
Keep in mind that these fish were all by themselves in the tanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Fishdude3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus
 
Wy Renegade's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdude3233 View Post
I've bred commons in a 20L all by them selves
And even a smaller pair in a 10
Keep in mind that these fish were all by themselves in the tanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah my friend, but just because you have done it, doesn't mean it was the best situation for the fish, nor that it should be done. Nor does it mean that you should be recommending that anyone else do it eh?!
__________________
the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishdude3233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta ga
Posts: 1,622
Kribs,Pygmy Cories, and ADFs

Lol
Andy breeds Angels in a 10,
As long as you keep up with the water changes a SMALL pair 2 inches by themselves will be fine. With other fish no.
Also fished behavior tells you a lot about the setup, and if it'll work

Edit: I never suggested that he should do them in a 10, all I was doing is telling him what I've done and that it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Fishdude3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
 
Wy Renegade's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdude3233 View Post
Lol
Andy breeds Angels in a 10,
As long as you keep up with the water changes a SMALL pair 2 inches by themselves will be fine. With other fish no.
Also fished behavior tells you a lot about the setup, and if it'll work

Edit: I never suggested that he should do them in a 10, all I was doing is telling him what I've done and that it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe you missed the title and the point of the thread? It reads Kribs, Pygmy Cories and ADFs, and the question was will they all coexist in a 10 gallon? Then discussion turned to having them all in a 20 gallon. At no point and time did the OP ask what others had done with kribs alone and what worked and what didn't. The OP is trying to establish what they need for space to have the requested fish - perhaps it would be good if we keep the thread on topic instead of throwing out comments on what we have done and what we think works - just a thought.
__________________
the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishdude3233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta ga
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy Renegade View Post
Maybe you missed the title and the point of the thread? It reads Kribs, Pygmy Cories and ADFs, and the question was will they all coexist in a 10 gallon? Then discussion turned to having them all in a 20 gallon. At no point and time did the OP ask what others had done with kribs alone and what worked and what didn't. The OP is trying to establish what they need for space to have the requested fish - perhaps it would be good if we keep the thread on topic instead of throwing out comments on what we have done and what we think works - just a thought.

Look, I told him that I had done it in a 10 and 20L with no problems.
For starters ADF's won't work with kribs no matter the tank size. They will be out competed for food. And most likely will be nipped on. Same with Pygmy's they are small 1 1/2 inch nano fish. And could possibly be eaten by a 4 inch krib


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Fishdude3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:39 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus
 
Wy Renegade's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdude3233 View Post
Look, I told him that I had done it in a 10 and 20L with no problems.
For starters ADF's won't work with kribs no matter the tank size. They will be out competed for food. And most likely will be nipped on. Same with Pygmy's they are small 1 1/2 inch nano fish. And could possibly be eaten by a 4 inch krib


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, you told him what you had done with kribs along in a 10 and 20 gallon which wasn't the point of the thread. Now you are finally starting to answer the actual question and help the OP out. It isn't about what you have or haven't done if you're going to offer advice, its about answering the question that was asked.
__________________
the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishdude3233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta ga
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy Renegade View Post
No, you told him what you had done with kribs along in a 10 and 20 gallon which wasn't the point of the thread. Now you are finally starting to answer the actual question and help the OP out. It isn't about what you have or haven't done if you're going to offer advice, its about answering the question that was asked.

Bottom line is the fish won't work in a 10 a 20 or a 55. Also only do 1 pair in 20L if that's the tank size you go with


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Fishdude3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy Renegade View Post
No, you told him what you had done with kribs along in a 10 and 20 gallon which wasn't the point of the thread. Now you are finally starting to answer the actual question and help the OP out. It isn't about what you have or haven't done if you're going to offer advice, its about answering the question that was asked.
You don't have to make a huge deal out of this. 50% of the threads on this website get off topic. The asker still gets many helpful answers from other people, and it's not your problem if someone doesn't answer the question asked.
__________________
Pseudomugil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
ImACoolguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudomugil View Post
You don't have to make a huge deal out of this. 50% of the threads on this website get off topic. The asker still gets many helpful answers from other people, and it's not your problem if someone doesn't answer the question asked.

Yeah really. Try to stay on topic but if it's an offshoot that relates to the topic then share it! No harm done.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
__________________
ImACoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #17
AA Team Emeritus
 
Wy Renegade's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudomugil View Post
You don't have to make a huge deal out of this. 50% of the threads on this website get off topic. The asker still gets many helpful answers from other people, and it's not your problem if someone doesn't answer the question asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImACoolguy View Post
Yeah really. Try to stay on topic but if it's an offshoot that relates to the topic then share it! No harm done.


Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Point taken, however I believe that if you review the rules that you all agreed to upon joining the forum, you find that one of them is keeping the thread on topic. Nothing says that one has to be satisfied with trivial answers unrelated to the topic, when one can perhaps guide someone else into doing the correct thing. Perhaps if more people offered guidance in a constructive manner 50% of the threads on the forum wouldn't be off-topic and people would actually get their questions answered.
__________________
the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Fishdude3233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Marietta ga
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy Renegade View Post
Point taken, however I believe that if you review the rules that you all agreed to upon joining the forum, you find that one of them is keeping the thread on topic. Nothing says that one has to be satisfied with trivial answers unrelated to the topic, when one can perhaps guide someone else into doing the correct thing. Perhaps if more people offered guidance in a constructive manner 50% of the threads on the forum wouldn't be off-topic and people would actually get their questions answered.
lets take a step back. while I agree that my information did not directly answer the OP's question, it's a direct branch off of the question, and could be helpful for the OP. I enjoy a threads where there is some branching. for example "wigglers at last" was an amazing thread. had everything to do with angles on it. even though it was off topic from the OP it was still VERY VERY useful. Why they closed it I have no idea...
__________________
Fishdude3233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus
 
Wy Renegade's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 4,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdude3233 View Post
lets take a step back. while I agree that my information did not directly answer the OP's question, it's a direct branch off of the question, and could be helpful for the OP. I enjoy a threads where there is some branching. for example "wigglers at last" was an amazing thread. had everything to do with angles on it. even though it was off topic from the OP it was still VERY VERY useful. Why they closed it I have no idea...
Nuff said. I would hate to see this one closed as well because it has gotten off topic.
__________________
the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:04 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
JessiNoel21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Springfield,MA
Posts: 646
I had a pair of Kribs in a 20L with Pygmy Cories and ADFs before with no problems even with fry and my ADFs are target fed by net they know the net means food. But I guess it's a no from all you thank you for your input. I am not doing a pair just one that btw is full grown is 3 1/2 inches long and is in a 20 gallon with shrimp and guppies and has not shown any aggression towards any of his tank mates. The reason they can't sell him is because he is albino and everyone wants the regular ones.


5 gallon planted(6 Pygmy Cories and 2 ADFs)
10 gallon ( 12 Pygmy Cories and 1 female betta)
__________________

__________________
JessiNoel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adf, cories, krib, kribs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kribs, Wonderful Kribs! (with pics) Heiko Cichlid Discussion 16 11-25-2005 12:07 PM
pygmy cories? Cash Turtle Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 3 11-04-2005 10:25 PM
Just acquired some Cockatoo Apistos and Pygmy Cories gheitman New Acquisitions 9 01-06-2005 12:52 PM
Pygmy Cories Psyhampster Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 5 12-13-2004 09:36 PM
Pygmy Cories Psyhampster Midwest & the Dakotas 4 12-12-2004 09:09 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.