Kuhli changed its stripes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinnastix911

Aquarium Advice Freak
About 2 1/2 years ago I bought 2 kuhli loaches. A predominantly black one with thin yellow stripes and an evenly striped black/orange. They have grown to be absolutely beautiful. but oddly enough- the predominantly black one is now pure black!

I have also bought 2 others but they are only now starting to really show a lot of growth (and girth) but neither of them, as far as coloring goes, look any different from the day I bought them. Just wondering if anyone else has ever noticed color changes like this.

We have 3 Khulis, and the colors are a dark brown with goldish stripes, the stripes are pretty equal in size. The other day, we saw some black khuli's, but I am not sure if they start out with a different pattern when they are young, that is interesting. Do you have any before and after pictures, an am interested in seeing the difference in colors from one age to the other...

unfortunately I never thought of tanking pics of them when I first got them- but I might have some, I'll scavenge around on my comp. I remember always seeing black ones online and thinking I really want one! Then looking at my two kuhlis and thinking well maybe one day I will find one at the LFS around town...

We saw one at one of our LFS's, trying to remember which one. They are pretty cool looking, but we have 3 Khuli's, and 3 Dojo's, and with the 2 pleco's...didnt think we needed anymore in the way of bottom feeders. I wouldnt mind some black ones one day, but after we managed to get one trapped in the intake tube of our filter, I dont know that we will get anymore small ones...although the sponge prefilter seems to be doing the trick in keeping them out...LOL

Back
Top Bottom