Kuhli leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had a Kuhli tank for about 2 months now and I've learned they like leaves at the bottom to hide under better than most other things. What type of leaves would you suggest using? Their are also Cory cats, would the leaves bother them?

Sent from peliper

Kuhlis were one of the first fish I kept when I got into the hobby a hundred years ago...never heard of that though. I think they just like things to worm and wrap their way around, and places to hide. I have cholla wood in the tank for my shrimp but the kuhlis like it. If anything maybe try Indian almond leaves. If you haven't used them they do take a short while to sink.

I would get a leaf won't break down to fast. I used to put cherry leaves in my tank but they broke down really fast and made a mess.

Fishobsessed7

Kuhlis were one of the first fish I kept when I got into the hobby a hundred years ago...never heard of that though. I think they just like things to worm and wrap their way around, and places to hide. I have cholla wood in the tank for my shrimp but the kuhlis like it. If anything maybe try Indian almond leaves. If you haven't used them they do take a short while to sink.

Some researchers think that's where they get the coloration form. Orange and black resembles dead leaves and mud which are common in the streams they're found in

Sent from peliper

Back
Top Bottom