kuhli loach for a goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dash_0210

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can i place a kuhli loach wiht fist-sized goldfishe???..im worried that the goldfish will jus eat them( they look like worms)...can u recommend a good bottom feeder(one that doesnt grow to be a sea monster) that gets along with goldfish.. thanx guys

Are they fancy goldfish or common. Otherwords are they coldwater or warm water goldfish.

I would go to planetcatfish.com. The list specifics on all sorts of bottom feeders. Goldfish like their temp in the low 70's max so try and see what fits that range. A small loach would not be a good idea as goldfish can be very mean to new comers in a tank. Whatever you find try and make sure to provide lots of cover on the bottom (driftwood, caves, etc...).

thanx tkos and jason :D ..im disposing my disposables(starter fish) and ill buy 5 golfish (one each type) this week along with the bottom feeder...i hav this 50 gal tank running for 2 weeks with drifwoods from an established tank and some plants

Back
Top Bottom