L134 Pleco Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baino

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I have 3 L134 leopard frog Plecos on the way and I'm currently in the process of setting up a 180L 3foot tank.

The L134s are still juveniles, approx. 4cm but I am wondering what other fish I can keep with these little guys in the tank.

I will be running a Fluval 207 canister filter

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Has the tank got an established biological filter?
I would not spend money on potentially wild caught fishes, or even fish that have been captive bred for several generation and put them in a tank without an established filter. Any ammonia produced by the fish, fish food & waste, will produce ammonia that could quickly kill the fish.

Does the tank have driftwood, algae and biofilm (the slime on the glass and ornaments)?
Suckermouth catfish need these items and other types of food to help stay healthy.

I have no idea how big they get but most plecos come from soft acid water. Do you have soft acid water for them?
The GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website (Water Analysis Report) or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Back
Top Bottom