Lake drift wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manning7987

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some driftwood that has been in direct sun light for about 7 months is it safe to put in my fish tank? I have some large pieces.

I'd say boil it dry it out and boil again every day for a few weeks that's what I've done, the first time you do it the water will go very dark so you need to keep changing the water your boiling after a few time's you'll notice the water stays cleaner for longer once it stays clear dry it out again and every water change you do make some extra clean water and put the wood in a bucket once its become water logged with the water that would normally go into your tank do a test and see if the water is affected at all if its all good then I'd try in the the tank for a few days and test the water to be safe

This is great to know. I have been thinking about putting drift wood in my tank. Thank you.

driftwood

Its not a good idea to put driftwood into a tank unless you know what type of wood it is,and if you can put it into a tank.Wood such as pine can't go into tanks and a lot of the wood in this area is pine.

Back
Top Bottom