Large catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grish

Aquarium Advice Activist
What would be a good catfish that I could add to my 125 gallon South American Cichlids tank? I really like RTC's but am not prepared to take on that responsibility... I would prefer one that gets to about 12 inches or so and would not be killed by its tank mates. All of the fish that are going into this tank are juveniles so it does not to be full grown right now.

A tiger Oscar, a pair of green terrors, a pair of green severums and a bristle nose pleco.

I understand that my current tank it would be overstocked but I am going to be getting a 250 gallon when the time comes. So what would be a good sized catfish that I could get?

Are you going for lots of color and do you want to stick with south american and basically do a bio type?
This is another pleco that is just gorgous. I wish I had a tank big enough for one of these guys!!!
Pseudoacanthicus Angelicus Pleco (L-282)
I was trying to stay away from stupid big cats I lost my rainbow shark in my 55 to somekind of albino african cat. I end up having to rehome him because he started going after my oscar. It was a stupid petsmart purchase!

I am trying to stick to South Americans. How would the pictus do with larger aggressive fish?

Pictus cats are really good. Their from that region also so good for a bio type tank. I have 2, currently housed with community fish, but for the last year and a half I had them with my african cichlids and they did well. Nobody bothered each other anyway. Mine are about 6" and almost 2 years old so I think their maxed out on size. Just be sure to have a cave for each one and 2-3 pictus is best.

Back
Top Bottom