Large Green Severum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidtcb1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a large green severum in one of my tanks (75g). He's 6" or so. Also have a slightly smaller gold severum in the same tank that the green one harasses continually lately.

What's the smallest size tank you think I could get to put the green one in by himself and still make him comfortable?

A 30 would be the absolute minimum, kinda cramped but do'able with good filtration.
Very light on decor, a cave of some sort, e.g. terra cotta pot/PVC, and a large plant right next to it.
This would meet the basic need for cover/hiding and the rest would need to be open area.

Once again this is the absolute minimum, much prefer something bigger as male Sev's can max at 8-10".

Cool....I'll see how they get along...can't really facilitate another tank larger than 30 right now, but then again that'll be a good excuse. I have a couple other fish that will eventually be much larger so it's got to come in time regardless. In fact, I need another house first! haha

Back
Top Bottom